POSITION: System Engineer E-bike
REPORTS TO: European Engineering Manager
PLACE OF WORK: SWITZERLAND
In this position you will be a key part of our TURBO E-Bike engineering team working with product managers, engineers, test labs and suppliers. Good verbal and written communication skills are very important working in our fast paced environment. You’ll be responsible for managing development, design validation and quality control of E-bike systems with all of it’s components (Battery, Motor, Display, etc..). You’ll need to be able to successfully manage all aspects of a project in order to turn a concept into a production product.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Manage the development of electronic components (mostly 3rd party) from the beginning, validate the design and set up quality control for stable production
- Engineer meaningful and innovative products that inspire cyclists & lead the industry
- Team collaboration with engineers, product managers, developers andour quality team
- International travel to our factories in Europe, Asia and our headquarter in the US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product Engineering:
- Take responsibility for new projects from concept thru production and all phases in between.
- Work closely with our mechanical engineering team and design team to create innovative new bicycle parts that truly advance people's ride.
- Create engineering briefs (requirements) for your new projects with your team members.
- Create all needed documentation for new products. Work with our teams to iterate thru design reviews and manufacturability feedback to create.
- Analysis as needed of new design especially the performance and function of the component within the complete system. Complete system design, testing and approval will be a big part of your job.
- Create and manage timelines for your projects and manage development of projects in order to meet these timelines.
- Work closely with our factories/partners.
- Product validation/Approval and Quality Control
- Get prototypes made and into testing phases.
- Create test plans for all products and be responsible for making sure all products are completely tested
- Design and set up test equipment in-house and/or at the factory
- Iterate products thru design changes until all testing is passed. We don’t expect products to pass the 1st time thru the lab but you’ve got to make sure the final product is 100% tested and approved.
- Manage re-testing during the whole product lifecycle on any changes (e.g. firmware updates)
- Make sure all documentation is complete for your projects.
- Make sure product meets all regulations that are required (e.g. CE, UL etc.)
- Set up incoming QC and/or end of line control checks at our factories
- Be responsible for establishing best in class quality control.
- Production Readiness:
- Work with factories, manufacturing & quality engineers to get your products ready for production.
- Ensure the production method is correct and that the parts meet our requirements.
- Conduct pilot runs as needed with factories to prove out production readiness.
- Responsible for success 1st production start up of your new products.
- Engineering Team Continuous Improvement:
- Work with engineering team to help improve processes and make our engineering team stronger.
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ideal candidate has Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electronic or Software Engineering with at least 3 years experience.
- Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN BUS)
- Experience with wireless communication protocols (BT, BLE, ANT+)
- Experience with system testing (e.g. CANoe)
- Experience with test automation systems
- Experience with all aspects around firmware (bootloader, programming, tools, etc. )
- Experience in writing and/or analyzing firmware in C++ and assembly
- Experience working with international cultures and vendors (Asia)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & complete tasks within product creation timelines.
- Very good written and verbal English language skills a must
- Avid cyclist and bike mechanic, passion for ebikes.
If interested please apply here:
Specialized is the global leader in the designing and manufacturing of high performing technologically advanced bicycles, components and cycling apparel for world champion riders and cycling enthusiasts. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Morgan Hill, California, Specialized is a global company with offices throughout the world.