The Sapim group aims at helping its customers producing the best wheels in the world by providing the best quality, advice and support. Our group started its operation in 1918, as a manufacturer of spokes and nipples. Over the years, the group expanded drastically, opened various production sites in Europe and in Asia. It also acquired Ryde, a leading manufacturer of aluminum rims. Currently, our group produces spokes, nipples and aluminum rims in more than 9 production locations across the globe. Today most of the professional teams relies on Sapim products. Among its customer base, the Sapim group is proud to count the most famous wheel manufacturers and bicycle producers. Sapim has probably one of the most diverse customer base in the industry.
The job function:
You want to support the most successful bicycle and wheel manufacturers develop their products? Then this job is for you. Sapim is looking for a product manager to handle all product management activities at his group level. As a PM you will have to monitor the market, develop the next generation of spokes, nipples and rims products, support the sales team with technical discussion with our partners. The variety of customer base will allow you to face the widest range of customers in terms of size, products and positioning in the market making this opportunity truly unique. You will also be one of the driving force to help the group develop new product ranges.
More specifically, in terms of product development you will define the requirements of the new products, discuss them with the sales and technical team and make sure that new products are launched on time and with the expected quality. You will support and advice our testing team and make sure that all communication material are developed. You will also be the driving force behind all product upgrades and new technical developments. In this respect you will be up to speed with all the latest technologies in terms of materials such as inox, aluminum and brass. You will keep a close relationship with the technical team of our suppliers and customers to support them in their new product initiatives. In short, you will allow our group to continue to be at the forefront of the technology helping us to continue to provide our customers and partners the most reliable products.
Want to be one of the engines of our growth or be part of this exciting journey? Do not hesitate to let us know.
In terms of experience and competences:
- Successfully completed technical training or completed education. Experience as a wheel builder (or at a wheel manufacturing company) is a plus
- Professional (and technical) experience in the bicycle industry
- Successful previous experience as product manager. This means that you can develop a short term and long term vision on a product range, definition of the product requirements as well as make recommendation on price positioning to the sales team
- Experience in functional management in an international environment
- Reasonable level of English
In terms of personality
- Passionate about the bicycle industry
- Highly motivated and driven by success
- You can make things done and have people to adhere to your vision
- Willingness to participate in exhibitions
- Able to work independently, be strong team players and show a strong EQ
- Strong communication skills and able to work at various levels within an organization
- Curious and eager to learn new technologies and new products
- Work hard, play hard mentality
- Pragmatic, results oriented and customer focus
If you have an interest, please send your cv to email@example.com.